living in the times we do. (interesting) I wrestle with the state of the church. Having made that 'state'ment begs the question...who am I to stand in judgement of the church? Yet is there a place for the prophetic voice or even a pastoral concern? On the other hand, as William Willimon and Stanley Hauerwas says..."Every time the church gathers, prays the Lord's Prayer, and eats and drinks the Lord's Supper with Jesus, we show that Jesus continues to be known by the company he keeps at the table. God's kingdom is a bunch of tax collectors, sinners, and sick people eating and drinking with Jesus." So there is a place for us all, messed up as we are. And the only ones who are excluded are the ones who won't include other messed up people.
1 Comments:
I'm with you all the way on that one, Jake
Post a Comment
<< Home